Sunday 8 February 2015

Clutch Locking Nut Removed


So today was either a clutch locking nut removal day or buy a impact wrench gun day.. 


So my original ideal was kind of work but the engine was just trying to spin which made it impossible to actually get any good pressure on the breaker bar.  


Decided to mod my make shift adapter so I could bolt the tube to bolt straight onto the engine mount to lock out the drive shaft completely. 


Well it fitted really really, I only didn't tighten things up too tight as I didn't want to put too much strains on the parts.




Well it only worked!

Once I could put some pressure on the breaker bar the nut came straight undone.



Old clutch diaphragm spring out and new one should arrive tomorrow so will get that fitted tomorrow evening.

Not sure if the kit from AB Performance comes with a new locking nut as these must be replaced but I ordered one along with the seals I am waiting for. Should be with me in a couple of days so will be able to finish the job.

The new locking nut needs torquing up to 128 Nm so fingers cross my adapter will work in reverse.



Getting pretty close now to having the engine ready for going into the car once the chassis turns up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment