Sunday 1 February 2015

Wiring Loom


I was scared of the loom so I thought I would tackle it as early as possible.

This was the loom the day it arrived, plus a few other bits.



I purchased a Haynes manual for the CBR, the wiring diagram was good but still difficult to work out which connector was what. 

After a good google search I stumbled across the wiring diagram bible! If you are building a BEC with a CBR engine you need to save this image. Save it! 
If you want a larger image drop me a message.



The above diagram shows you the connector type and colour. For example 2P (BL), means a 2 pin in black. It then shows you the colour of the wires going into this connector. This enabled me to work out which connector was what.

Once each connector was located I labelled, both the main loom side and sensor/cable side.

I used a Dymo LetraTag LT-100H Label Maker, would 100% recommend. Link below.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dymo-LetraTag-LT-100H-Label-Keyboard/dp/B0032O7J0U












After 4 hours, I was getting tired and staring at the wiring diagram was hurting my eye. I managed to get the misses to lend me a hand. She found loads I couldn't, and was a great help.


Two hours later and it was done!!!!

Every single connector is labelled, bar one which doesn't appear to be on diagram.

The diagram doesn't show the immobiliser which is the HISS module that wraps round the ignition.

Feeling much better about it now. Will wait for AB Performance loom and wire this in then remove from the bikes plastic casing and decide what needs to go (maybe not just yet!).


Thought the following would help others, hope it does took me ages.














3 comments: