Saturday 31 October 2015

First day fixing IVA issues..


Been a busy week so first chance i've had to get to the car and start sorting some of the IVA fails.

First job - It needed a clean!






Some trim on the top of the of the gear change mechanism require. Sorted this but forgot to take an after picture.


Next up..  Sound proofing.  I purchased some Dynamat on Marc's recommendation. Its £40 a box so not cheap stuff.  I started off with the underside of the bonnet. Its sticky stuff and goes on well. 





Next was to try and and do the side passenger side of the body, its an interesting one as the engine is so close it leaves no room to get down there.

On first inspection I noticed one of the header nuts had come undone and dropped into the chassis. really lucky I haven't lost this.


The deadening was easy to add in small sections down this side. Was hard work and my hands/arms were marked badly.


 Also covered the scuttle and bulk head to try and cut down on the vibration.


I think I am getting lots of induction noise so next was the airbox.



Its not made a massive difference. I think I need to add a floor plan under the engine to conceal some of the sound. 




No comments:

Post a Comment