Sunday 1 November 2015

More IVA bits sorted.


Up early to crack on my IVA list.. 

First was to remove the PTFE tape from the adapters going into the calipers. I used loctite 577 to seal the adapters as this is suitable for brake fluid. 

Rear one finished and nipped up.


Here's the front one with the PTFE tape installed. Both my drivers side adapters front and rear were fine and didn't require PTFE tape to get a seal so these won't require doing.



Tape removed.


Inserted into the caliper with the 577 sealant.


Next onto the balance bar, I pre drilled a nut to make it easier once on.






First bolt was easy to sort and drill the bar. 


Second one was a bitch.. first off I couldn't get the nut off easy as and I kept braking drill bits.



Holes drilled and pipped up!



On to the hand break.. The car looks sad.. No scuttle, no seats, not tunnel.




I think where I have had the handbrake so high its been bending the handbrake mounts.



I now have the handbrake working to max in 3/4 clicks.  Hopefully this will give me 18% efficiency.

Feels really strange taking the car part to this level considering i've spent the past few months putting it together.


No comments:

Post a Comment