Tuesday 19 May 2015

Filter change, filling with oil.


I removed the original oil filter, it had only been on the bike for a 3k but thought it was best to replace as they are so cheap. 



Been told to only use genuine Honda filters.


I pre-filled the filter, allowed the filter to absorb all of the oil and kept topping up until it wouldn't hold anymore. Then I fitted this to the sandwich plate.




The oil cooler also needed prefilling. 





Sorry forgot to photograph the next bit.. 

So removed the dipstick, and emptied the rest of the 3.7L of oil into the engine. 



I then connected the starter motor directly to the battery and turned over the engine to get the oil pumping round the system.

I connected up the digidash to the oil pressure sensor to make sure I was getting oil pressure. After a few turns of the engine and removal and refitting of the oil filter I was getting 5-6 psi of pressure on turnover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment