Sunday 24 May 2015

First Start up attempt


So everything is ready, the wiring loom test fitted, fuel pump fitted, fuel lines all sorted, fuel in the tank, coolants filled, oil filled and getting cranking pressure.

Time for first turn of the key!!!



Well it was never going to go first time was it.

Its turning over fine so I know I am halfway there. I removed the spark plugs and I am not getting any sparks so this seems to be my problem.

My engine is a UK CBR so comes with HISS, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even get the engine turning over if my HISS was not working.  To check this I checked the the fuel tank power feed as it primes the tank when the ignition is turned on HISS activation. A multimeter showed 12v for 1-2 seconds when the ignition first comes on so I know HISS is working. I originally had my fuel pump wired into the car loom, which gave the fuel pump constraint power as soon as the ignition comes on. This would work fine but the pump carries on priming all the time the ignition is on, whether or not the engine is running or not. I have since rewired this so its wired into the bike loom, now when the ignition comes on it primes for 1-2 seconds then doesn't kick in again until started.

Back onto my problem of no spark.. All my Starter, kill switch,, side stand, Neutral, clutch switch wiring all seemed to be in order. Again I don't think it would turn over without this all working.

Now I was stumped, really not sure why it won't fire.  Time to check the engine for fault codes, luckily I kept the DLC port to be able to pull some codes. I don't however have the clocks so I had to wire the fault code (FI Light) into the neutral light on my digidash to see the flashing lights of the DLC port. The Honda manual gives good instructions on how this system works. I used the neutral light on the digidash to also check the HISS light was coming on and going out.

The faults reported were 8, 11 and 1.  I cleared the reports and tried again, still no spark. Check reports again and nothing..

Time to have a think..




No comments:

Post a Comment