Saturday 20 June 2015

Cutting the Scuttle for column.


 The old man popped over today to lend a hand.. I knew he would be good at this bit..  :)




All measured up and ready for the first hole.


AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH......


Well its done, not going back.


I'm shite with a saw so left this part to my father.




We look a long time working out where to cut the first hole. Used draw lines, measured from the bottom and all came to this point so fingers crossed.





We were slightly out and the whole scuttle was being pulled forward by the paddleshift mount.  We took it all apart and decided to mount the column before the chassis mount to give us some more room.





It needs a little more cutting around but I shall wait until the tub is fitted and its in position.


Steering wheel temporarily fitted, my father marked out the adapter with the correct PCD. I drilled the holes but I need some countersunk bolts to fit properly.





Looking more like a car now it has a steering wheel.



Tomorrow I will try and fit the digidash to the steering wheel mount.




This little bugger still to fit.. Had a crack at doing it today but failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment