Sunday 21 June 2015

Digidash and datalogger mounting


Now I have the column fitted I can fit the digidash to the mount.  


With the hole template printed off it was nice and easy to mark up the holes.





In position.. Looking good.




I had intended on fitting the datalogger to the scuttle panel vertically. however on reading the manual it says it must be fitted to a FLAT surface, it doesn't mention it must be horizontal but confirmed with a few other builder its must. 

Mounting options now were passenger or drives footwell under the cover panel. Didn't really want it drivers side as I would be kicking it all the time. The passender doorwell was an option but I would need to make a mount to stop passengers kicking it and the wiring was going to be a pain. 

On investigation I discovered there was enough space under the scuttle to mount it on top of the scuttle bar. I checked with it taped to a bit of card before making anything permanent.  



Mount made and in position. I used two rivnuts to hold it in position. The datalogger now sits centrally in the middle of the car so should be a perfect position. I will have to rotate the axis to make it read correctly.





Next to tidy up the wiring to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment