Saturday 5 September 2015

IVA Application..


Here are a few helpful links and info that I used to submit my application.  I wanted to document it as the data seems to be all over the place.

Things that need to be sent off..

  • IVA Application form
  • Amateur Build Declaration 
  • Fee 
  • Invoices for components of the build
  • Pictures of the build


The main information on all IVA details can be found here   - Vehicle approval overview

I started with the below guidance notes, it gives information on whats needed and where to find it.






I sent the forms with most of the details completed to Chris at MNR and he kindly sent me the required information that I did not know. 


Amateur Build Declaration 

As part of the application you have to submit a declaration form to confirm you were the builder of the kit. 







So the fee £450 plus £90 for a re-inspection. I opted to pay by card, so will receive an email about payment. 

IVA Test centres



Invoices

As part of the application you need to prove you are the builder by submitting some invoices from the build. I used my original deposit invoice, engine and engine parts from AB. 

Pictures of the build

Here are the pictures I sent with the application to prove I built the car.





















I sent off my application Thursday 3rd Sept 2015. I sent it with DHL and they signed for it the next day.. 

First thing on the Monday I received two emails. One confirming reciept of the application and another requesting payment and a number to call with a reference number. 

Phoned up straight away and paid the fees by debt card. The lady on the phone confirmed they had all my details and that the application was with these assessment team and that the turn around was currently 10 days. 

On the Tuesday I received my photo's back. Can't believe they didn't want to keep them. 

Phoned up today, a week later after paying. Was told my application had been accepted and nothing further was requested. Was told someone would call me shortly. Didn't hear anything today but hopefully tomorrow. 


TO BE CONTINUED... 

No comments:

Post a Comment