Sunday 20 September 2015

SCOOP!!!!


Been putting off the scoop fitting for ages.  MNR supplied the standard narrow scoop for the CBR1000RR engine, it seems about 30-40mm higher than required so looks quite high in standard form.  I have tried to order the carbon mods one to see if that would fit but they are no longer in production.   I ordered the larger wide scoop from MNR but again it appears to be too big for my requirements.

So I decided I would fit the standard scoop in its standard form and get me through the IVA and then look for something different this winter. I had not planned to cud it down until my Father popped round to see how I was getting on. We had a good measure up and came to the conclusion I could chop off 30-35mm to reduce the height.

Only had a very small amount of cutting tool left on the Dremel so I needed to be careful to get it all done.



Bloody Dremel bit broke 2/3rds of the way through so I had to finish the job off with a hacksaw blade.



Much better.. Sitting lower it looks far more in proportion.











I taped into position to make the position of where the scoop was going to be fixed so I could cut the bonnet below.









All marked up it was time to cut the bonnet.









The bonnet fits so much better now its not catching on the airbox.



The scoop also fits better now the airbox doesn't catch on the bonnet.



Tape removed and marked up again.




Bit of a clean up and see how good it looks before I stick it down with some tiger seal.









I scored the bonnet to give the sealant something to stick to.



Decided to just use a seal amount of sealant to hold it in place. Once secure I plan to remove the bonnet and fix from the underside with some trim and more tiger seal.



Taped into position.. Will leave it 24 hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment