Monday 21 September 2015

Sealing down the scoop..


The scoop was tacked down in a couple of places I could now seal it down securely into position.




Took the opportunity to take some more pictures. It looks so much better smaller.





From the drivers seat, it hardly obscures the view at all now.





I applied a good layer of tiger seal around the outside of the scoop, making sure I filled any gaps between the body and scoop edge.  Plus this allowed me to cover a small mistake when cut of off the bottom.





Now I used a trick that I use when doing shower trays and baths, apply sealant first then apply a good coating of window cleaner which lubricates everything else to stop the sealant sticking to everything else, using a smoothing tool to remove the excess.







Doesn't look too bad.. Will wait for it to dry to see what it looks like.





No comments:

Post a Comment