Sunday 20 September 2015

IVA Indicators


Time to swop out the indicators for the IVA.



Steve from the owners club sent me the IVA kit. The indicator bar he sent was a little too big to fit in the bag and was slightly damaged by DHL delivering the parcel. I thought it was best to try and make something that could fit in the bag and that could be easily reused.

I ordered some new indicators that fit well.


My plan is to run Steve's kids fishing rod handle but cut in half with a threaded bar holding it in position. This way the two halves can be shipped in the IVA kit bag and reused easily.



The indicators need to be a min of 500mm separation and no more than 400mm from the side of the widest point of the car.




The wires needed extended.. thought I was done with soldering!!!



I run some heat shrink on the bar to make it look a little more in keeping with the car rather than a kids toy..  :)









Pleased with the results.. Still need soldering a a little tiger seal on the inside of the bodywork to kit them in position.



No comments:

Post a Comment