Saturday 2 January 2016

Diffuser Fitting


Been trying to fit the diffuser over the new year period but family stuff keeps on getting in the way.

Blocks of wood holding up the diffuser made the job alot easier.



Each side requires some small notches cut out to allow the arch to slot into.



Again loads of wood made this much easier.


Ok so the rear edge of the diffuser needs to slot into the overhang of the floor panel. To do this a fair amount of the front edge of the diffuser needs to be cut off.  I put the fuser into position then marked where the floor edge came in the inside of the fuser. I then allowed for about a 2.5cm overlap, marked and cut.





It fitted into position really well.









The diffuser will need attaching in four places. I was hoping to just get away with having to fix it at the side but its sags slightly at the rear so will need fixing in a couple of places. 

The sill on the rear of the tub I fitted a couple of rivnuts. 


I did the same at the sides and fitted rivnuts to the inside of the tub.




The fuel pump has plenty of clearance.



Fixings at the side. Used some big washers to hold in place.


Under the diffuser I just used some dome heads to pull it up against the low part of the tub.


The top raw edge I used some left over trim I had from the IVA.  Its not idea but will do for now.





All done..






Looks angry now.. Really pleased.

Only thing i've got to sort is some mesh on the two outlets.. MNR supply some silver stuff but I fancy it being black.








No comments:

Post a Comment