Monday 18 January 2016

Quickshifter Micro Switch



DON'T USE THIS METHOD.. IT DOES NOT WORK, WELL IT MAKES FOR A SMOOTHER GEAR CHANGE BUT NOT MUCH ELSE

Been told that when the clutch lever is pulled on the bike the ECU cuts the power to the top injectors. On the bike this allows for smoother gear changes. It does this by cutting the connection between the earth (G/R & G/W) cables going between the black and grey ECU connectors. 

I've been told that this could act as a quickshifter,  the cut in power to the top injectors should reduce rev/unsettle the engine enough to allow to a full power gear change. 

For this to work I need to install a microswitch on the gear lever so when the driver pulls for a high gear the microswitch engages and the earth cables connection is cut, stopping power to the top injectors. 

I'm not sure if this has been fully tested but I can test it and if it fails to work I can still wire it straight into an after market quick shifter so I don't have alot to lose, must be worth a try! 

I purchased a waterproof microswitch from RS Components (via another site). 



Need to figure out a location for the microswitch. In the below picture you can see my gear lever. This moves to the left on upshifts, so when the lever is pulled to move up a gear and it moves to the left the microswitch needs to be located somewhere where it can be enabled. 

There is a unused sprocket cover mounting hole thats not being used. I should be able to make up some sort of mount to hold the switch in position. 


On further investigation I think the plan is to mount the switch lower down close to the mounting hole and then to run a longer pinch bolt in the end of the gear lever. I could then fix some sort of arm from the bolt to the microswitch.



Some more bits ordered, some 3mm bolts for fixing the switch to a bracket and then some aluminium bar to fix the switch to.   

No comments:

Post a Comment