Tuesday 12 January 2016

Racetech Mirrors Fitting


So the Safety device mounts come Helicoiled already.. so the holes already drilled for the M8 thread is huge. Luckily the helicoils I purchased wind straight into the M8 coils already instead. Its no ideal but the mirrors go in tight.




Removed the old mirrors. Below is the mess the old mirrors has left, I thought this would be easy to get off.. WRONG!.. Been picking off with my fingers, its made my hands so sore lol.



Tried some petrol on a test bit and it removes the shine too much. Tried nail polish remover but still won't shift it.


Text me old pal Stuart..  He recommended using some Tar cleaner, used loads in the past for cleaning cars.  Straight away the glue and foam started to dissolve.


One side done..



The mounts are a little OTT but they work really well.. They don't look too bad and they keep the mirrors solid.






The Racetech mirrors are tiny, hope I they provide enough visibility for the road.










No comments:

Post a Comment