Thursday 14 January 2016

First trip out..


The plates have been on for 2 days now and I was getting itchy feet so had to take out for a spin. 

Its super cold out.. about 2-3 degrees.  Took it round the block a couple of times then went out onto the open road.  

Did about 4-5 miles when I could really start to smell hot brakes. I'd replaced the front brake pads to the fast road pads. They were binding a little in the garage but thought  they would bed in, I was wrong, they were getting super hot! 

The next junction, I could hardly pull out as the brakes were so hard on. I pulled over straight away and the brakes were super hot, locked on!  


The brakes had got so hot it melted the rubber caps on the nuts..


Mini plate installed. Looks so much better! 






No comments:

Post a Comment