Monday 13 April 2015

Bulk Head Wiring / Starting to Solder


Not yet having the scuttle I was unsure of how much room I had on the panel. I asked a few of the other owners, from the front of the engine bulkhead the scuttle starts is about 10-11 inches. So I don't have much room but enough. 




Started to mount the relays.  Wasn't too sure where I wanted the fuses so decided to leave this for now.


On the garage floor doing the soldering this time. Didn't think the lounge floor was a good idea with a soldering iron. 







Started with the side stand switch, in the up position the switch is closed so I just soldered the cable together. 

Next was the speed sensor, this requires a little chip to be soldered between the three wires. One a power feed, a ground and the other a pulse returning to the ECU. 


I'm not the best at soldering so this was going to be tricky.


Was quite pleased with the results. I put heat shrink over the three cables and then heat shrunk the hole lot and taped it to give it some strength.


Next was the steering damper which is another chip wired between the two cables. 


Don't stand still you will get heat shrunk! 







No comments:

Post a Comment