Saturday 4 April 2015

Front Hubs and Calipers


I forgot to fit the studs last time I fitted the hub so I had to remove the lot and dismantle the discs so I could fit the studs which was annoy. 


All back together with the studs fitted.


Caliper carrier fitted with the bolts cut down.



Ok, got an issue here, the calipers will hardly go on as the disc is fouling the caliper. Its tight on the other side but it still fits. 


Started off with filing down the power coating on the mounts but this didn't make much difference. I then filed down the carrier which allowed me to fit the caliper but it was still far to close.




The drivers side has a little more room but again still looks too close.



Decided to fit the pads to see how they went in. I couldn't even get one pad in as the disc was so far over one side.

Looking at the below picture you can see the caliper is in the wrong position the disc only half covers the pad.


This is how it sits with the carrier and the spacers in place.



If I remove the spacers and and just put the bolts straight into the carrier the pad looks in a much better place.


I can't tighten the bolts up as the surfaces are all over the place, it just wouldn't be strong enough.


These are the parts I received.


If you see the carrier below on another persons car its different to what I have. Will have to speak to MNR about getting a replacement. 




No comments:

Post a Comment