Sunday 12 July 2015

Big day...


All week I have been trying to get the brakes sorted so I could get the car off the axle stands and out the garage. I need to move the car over to the middle of the garage more so I can get round it and fit the arches etc. 

Knew it would be running today so I had to bodge the silencer on so not to upset the neighbours.




Its off the axel stands. In the below picture its sat on some wood so the jack wouldn't go low enough to fit under the car.

When the chassis first turned up I didn't think about where I placed the axle stands and how I was going to get it off.. It was a bit struggle trying to get it down.








ITS OUT THE GARGE....   A massive sense of achievement building a car that you can drive out the garage.








Empty garage!!!









I tried to reverse it back up into the garage and I wanted to make sure it was out of gear. I did the normal thing of trying to turn the prop shaft and it wouldn't spin. The reverse motor was making some strange sounds and I thought the little cog had got stuck out on the gear, didn't know if it was stuck under load. 

Next move was tunnel off, handbrake out to see what the problem was.. Every was working perfectly!  At that point I realised the prop should be solid now as the diff was working correctly, now the wheels had traction it didn't allow the prop to spin, where as when its on the axle stands the wheels don't have any traction and the prop spins freely when out of gear. 

Not a complete waste of time as I was able to adjust the handbrake while it way apart and its now much stronger.










No comments:

Post a Comment