Saturday 4 July 2015

Dash switches - Cutting holes


With the drivers seat now fitted I can sit in the drivers seat. While test fitting the position I decided to work out where the switches were going to go. 

I didn't want to go with the standard MNR style circle of switches with one in the middle that most seem to go with. I wanted to go a little different. 

The below seemed to be a good option. Its reachable from arms length from the drivers seat and feels like it wraps itself round the steering wheel.





Here's what I am going with..

Side lights, Main beam, high beam, fog lights, hazard lights, horn, fan, reverse, start button.


Before I started drilling the holes I used a test bit to make sure I could make a good hole before I drilled the dash ones.



It made a right mess.


All done..






Really pleased with the results...  Tomorrow I will fit the buttons and think about how I am going to wire them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment