Friday 10 July 2015

Brake Bleeding...


My pal Adam came over to help with bleed the brakes. 

I wasn't quite ready, and had to refit the brake pressure switch as I had not used PTFE tape on the threads the first time. 








I had to file down my new 1/4 spanner to get it to fit in the caliper recess.


I purchase a cheap and nasty brake bleeding kit. It wasn't too bad and did the job ish.






I had some big problems..  The rear brake line wouldn't seal against the brake cylinder. Took three refits and had to cut off the flare and reflare to get it to deal.






When I fitted the front hubs the wheel studs I could't quite get the studs all the way thought the hub.

Now I could apply the brakes I could use a few washers and a wheel nut to pull the studs through the hub.


Managed to borrow the Misses.. Fed her booze and cooked her dinner while she pumped the brake pedal. 


Meanwhile I move round each caliper bleeding the brakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment