Sunday 26 July 2015

The night before bonnet cutting..


My father is coming round in the morning to help cut the bonnet hole to allow the airbox through. 

When the airbox top cover and fuel lines are removed the bonnet goes back on again fine. 




The MNR airbox turned up, its HUGE..  Not sure I am going to need one as large as this. I believe it was designed for when the airbox sat it is normal rotation and not turned round.  Not 100% sure if I am going to use this yet. I really like the carbon mods one but they don't seem to sell it anymore.

With the bonnet removed I marked up on some tape where the widest parts of the airbox would touch the bonnet. Then with the bonnet back in place I marked the bonnet with the locations.




The scoop in position sitting off centre I am not sure about. This one needs some thought.


Drivers view with the MNR airbox.


I took these pictures with the camera in a fixed position just above the scuttle.

Airbox cover off, bonnet off.


Bonnet on standard position.


Air box cover on.


MNR scoop. 


Starting to look like a real car, could almost drive it on the road and get away with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment