Friday 3 July 2015

Tunnel fitting with handbrake..


With the back panel in place it was time to fit the tunnel. The front section needed a fair amount removed to fit it into place.

I marked a centre point and then measured all the notches that needed cutting out to fit snugly.


Two slots cut to make room for reverse gear to fit through.





Now the handbrake needs to be raised. Sounds like before the electric reverse was introduced in its standard position used to work just fine. However now with the electric reserve fitted the tunnel is much higher to allow for the motor.

In the below picture the handbrake is under the tunnel.


Looking at options on how to raise the handbrake lever..

Heres option one.  I used the spare threaded bar I didn't use to secure the engine.


This worked well and felt strong.


One problem when the cable was connected and the handbrake was applied the threaded bar would bend slightly. I think with prolonged use it would eventually snap the bar.



Next option was a high tensile cap head. I inverted this and then used washers to give extra support with a nylock on the end. This was much stronger and I could get it tight enough so I could remove the nuts holding the handbrake in place from above.





Time to cut the hole for the handbrake..





Fits perfectly.. Really chuffed.






No comments:

Post a Comment