Friday 3 July 2015

Day off work.. Time to crack on..


Needed a day off work so decided to spend the day working on the car.

Started off finishing off the wishbone holes. They were all cut just needed to make a couple more bigger.





Next it was time to trial fit the steering rack to make sure there was enough clearance.


Both the holes I had cut needed a little more tub taking off so it wouldn't hit the body.




All back together..



I picked a good day to have off.. Need some wheels on it now so I can roll it out the garage.



Nose temporarily fitted in the right place so I can fit the bonnet and get the scuttle fitted correctly.



I drilled the rails on the chassis, I ensured it was in a place where there was plenty of scuttle to hold it tight.



The scuttle was fitted and lined up correctly.



I then used a drill up through the hole to make the scuttle. I then drilled the holes and fixed it in place.



Bonnet rested in place, fits really well.  Meets up to the scuttle and nose perfectly.




Starting to look like a car.. Love the colour!





Next was to fit the nose. I predrilled one hole either side.



Once in place in place I marked the holes on the tub.



Then bolted it into place.


No comments:

Post a Comment