Wednesday 4 March 2015

Bulk head panel and Pedal box


So I couldn't get the panel in complete, don't think it was physically possible to put in whole without cutting it right down.  So I cut it in half just above the cross bar so I had a solid panel to mount the pedal box to.


My black rivets turned up, so I fitted the panel in place as I did the other side, drilled, tiger seal then riveted. 


Decided to use some detailing tape mark up the pedal box area. 



I offered up the pedals to see what they look like and check the position. 










Sorry had to sit inside the car to see the fit..  Will certainly have to use smaller trainers when driving the car.


Pedals removed and time to measure up where the pedals go. The manual shows the measurement, which is the line I have marked. Without the brake pedal fitted the box isn't quite square. Once marked up I started to drill.



With the box secure I used a step drill to drill out the holes, unfortunately mine only goes up to 30mm so I had to file out the rest.






Pretty chuffed with the results. Just waiting for some additional fixing to turn up from MNR then I can fit the box for good.  









No comments:

Post a Comment