Saturday 14 March 2015

DIff out (On my own this time)


So I've been thinking about how to fit the prop shaft. After a couple of trial fitments there was no way it was going in from the engine side.

I had previously fitted the diff with my Father, we fitted it as if it was the final fit but unfortunately I wanted to see if the prop shaft would go in complete from the tail end. When fitting the diff with my Father I supported it from below and my Father lifted it in from above.

On my own this time I setup the jack under the diff, I was going to use the jack to support the weight but I wasn't happy as its such a small surface on the diff which is already unbalanced. So I used a strong stool with a few pieces of wood to give a good base to support the diff. Was certainly a better way of doing it, no stain and nice and safe. I will put it back in this way.





No comments:

Post a Comment