Saturday 14 March 2015

Rear Suspension / Wishbones / Uprights / callipers


Another builder was having some issues with building up the rear end so thought I would make a start and share my experience. Plus it meant it would start looking like a car!!!  ;-)

Here's where I start...


I referred to the manual and it shows you which parts are what. Its a little difficult to figure out which way round they go. If you flip the wishbone over it moves the upright forwards and backwards. The correct position is so the upright is in its furthest back position.












The two uprights are different. The manual again shows which one is for which side.

It seems the fellow builder had two for the same side and thats why it wouldn't go together right.




Some of the bolts are way to long as you can see from this picture. I need to buy a better stronger hacksaw blades.


 Its starting to look more like a car already.  Reminder to tidy the garage up later!








Again made sure in the manual that I was using the right side.


Calliper carrier fitted into place.




Callipers bolts in.. Well impressed with the Wilwood callipers, a really well made product.





None of this is tightened up yet, will wait until I fit the drive shafts.







No comments:

Post a Comment