Monday 2 March 2015

Bulk head Panels.


Here I go....  I am starting the build! I am following the manual and this is where it recommends we start.

So started on the drivers side first, but I think where MNR have changed the chassis design the panel won't physically go into the space whole so thought I would tackle the passenger side first.



Starting with the passenger panel I offered it up to see what needed to come off, It needed trimming down in a few places to make it fit.



The panel requires a hole to be cut out so the engine mount can pass through.




I offered it up and drew round with a sharpie..


All marked up ready to drill out.


My initial whole needed enlarging to allow it to fit correctly.



All clamped up, ready to drill with a 5mm drill bit.


All drilled and deburred..  The manual recommends using a 10mm drill bit by hand and it works really well to remove the schwarf.


Chassis drilled.

Tiger seal applied.





All finished..  Disappointed I used silver rivets.. Ordered some black ones and I will redo.


Couldn't get the drivers side in so decided to cut in half, and will attach as two halves. Will wait until I have the black rivets before I proceed. 








No comments:

Post a Comment