Saturday 7 March 2015

Pedals, brake lines, fuel lines, brake reservoir, Temp Diff fit...


First full day in the garage, started at 8:00 and didn't stop till gone 17:00... Shattered. Back kains!

Well after getting frustrated with the pedals last night I decided to do as the guys on the owners club recommended and drill out the floor so I could fit a socket in to tighten up the pedal fixings.





Here is what I was trying to do before.. You can see my problem, the scanner just wouldn't make contact with the nut




I had to file out the holes again as when bolted down the pedal box is pulled down and the original holes don't line up.




The bottom right hand lower nut if left off as this is drilled out to 10mm to run the clutch cable.


Brake cylinders fitted.


Clutch cable installed.



Clutch pedal drilled ready to fit the cable.




All fitted and in place, it works well.


Brake biased bar fitted and tightened. Brake pedal feels really nice, and doesn't even have fluid in yet. 




Onto the throttle pedal, the throttle cable only comes with the a solderless nipple so I need to get a better solution.






Pedals complete!   :)

Just need to cut down a couple of bolts and adjust things once the engine is in.


Time to finish off running the brake lines..




Lovely day.. Was even warm enough to have the garage door open.


Decided to move the rear T piece to the other side of the mount to give a little more room when fitting the diff.






Onto the brake reservoir, really don't like the setup here and will probably change after the IVA.







My first rivnut fitted...  :)




Onto the fuel lines. The fuel lines seem harder to work with over the brake lines. I see most people use a braided hose instead of a copper lines, again might look at changing this down the line.






Started to clip down the brake lines as I was happy with how everything was going to go together.





Was a little concerned about the clearance under the diff so decided to fit it quickly just temporarily to check.

First help from Father today (well apart from driving me to get the kit), it's about time he turned up to lend a hand!!!



Loads of room!

Can crack on and secure these lines down now.


Got a little ahead of myself and decided to see how the electric reverse goes in. Its tight, really tight.



I will need to cut down this terminal to get it to fit correctly.


Its really tight this side also but fingers crossed this should be ok.


Diff came out ready for the brake and fuel lines to be finished off.  Will crack on tomorrow.. 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Dave,
    I see that you are using the same pedal box and brake bias adjuster as mine. Consequently noticed that you also lack the big OD washers that others say need to exist on either side of the central pedal tube to keep the two pushrod clevises from binding on it. (Note: I don't know what is standard MNR issue vs what my screwy supplier provided). Did you eventually install the 2 washers or does the system work fine without them?
    Thanks a bunch for your help and for your fantastically informative blog/website thing. Helps me alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I follow.. which pedal? Or do you mean the bias bar? The only change to my bias bar is two nylocks to stop it moving.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dave,
    I see that you are using the same pedal box and brake bias adjuster as mine. Consequently noticed that you also lack the big OD washers that others say need to exist on either side of the central pedal tube to keep the two pushrod clevises from binding on it. (Note: I don't know what is standard MNR issue vs what my screwy supplier provided). Did you eventually install the 2 washers or does the system work fine without them?
    Thanks a bunch for your help and for your fantastically informative blog/website thing. Helps me alot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.. Sorry I didn't install any washers.. As its pictured about is how it was setup apart from two drilled nylocks with lockwire passing through them.

      Delete