Friday 27 March 2015

Rear discs, callipers, pads and handbrake cables


My 41mm socket finally turned up,  I also had to order an 1/2 to 3/4 drive adapter as I didn't have any 3/4 wrenches/bars. 

With the 41mm socket I was able to tighten up the drive shaft nuts and pull on the hubs. The hubs were really tight to pull on the spline as they were still covered in little paint and old grease/grime.

The discs would then be installed once the hubs were fixed. I won't be able to tighten the drive shaft nuts until I can lock them in place with the hand brake or i've sorted the brakes. 



I fitted the callipers and the pads.





Once pads were fitting I could offer up the handbrake cable.




No idea on the cable route as the manual doesn't show it and most peoples blogs online have the old style Sierra callipers.






No comments:

Post a Comment