Thursday 12 March 2015

Front Suspension and Rockers


Was a little confused about what to do next...  I know alot of people do the front suspension first, shiny new bits that look good.. I was holding off as long as I could. 

The springs were already made up by Marc at MNR to give me a head start.




The T piece gets right in the way of the bolts, need to route them slightly differently to make room.


The bearings didn't come pressed into the rockers as I had to wait for them as they were out of the stock at the time of picking up my kit.




Decided to use  threaded bar to press the bearings in which seemed to work well.





 I mocked up one to see how it fitted. The little washers that side next to the springs needed filing down a little to fit.










After one was mocked up I decided to fit the other side. Below are the washers in order on how they go in the rockers. I applied grease to both bearings.





Both sides complete but not tightened up yet




No comments:

Post a Comment