Friday 11 December 2015

More handbrake.


After testing the handbrake I wasn't getting any additional braking performance than before. I tried to tighten the cable some more and retested, unfortunately the bolt supplied was not man enough to handle the additional force.


Decided to make my own bolt with a high tensile cap head,

 

Think the bolt was pretty strong after killing a load of drill bits


This worked really well, better than the original setup and it seemed stronger. 





With it all back together I had a nightmare trying to get the tunnel cover back in place with the handbrake in its new position and where the cable was now so tight there wasn't the slack to fit the link arm when in position.


Finally got it into position, I kept the link arm in position but didn't put the handbrake lever on the supports so I could move it around and extend the handbrake for it to go through the hole.





Then spent all evening putting it back together.. 



Seats back it..


All back together ready to get it tested again.

Jumped back in it to test the handbrake one last time and something gave way..  To say I was annoyed was an understatement. I had to leave the garage as give up for the evening as I was close to smashing it up  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment