Tuesday 31 March 2015

Wheel bearings / Hubs

The bearing grease turned up so I wanted to have a crack at fitting the wheel bearings and hubs. 

I covered the spline and bearing with grease to help push it into position. I ended up using my trolley jack handle to push over the spline and wack the bearing into position. It took alot of effort to get it into its final position.







Something doesn't look right here.. This is the back of the hub behind the disc when pushed into position. The bearing and grease were open to the elements.

I am missing some dust seals... Very frustrating as I just cracked on with the parts I had. I now have to remove the bearing again to fit the seal which I will have to order.



The seal I am missing is the part on the top left in this picture. They are not easy to find as they are from a Cortina, I ended up finding some old stock on ebay.


Had to order a bearing puller to remove the bearing as there was no way the bearing was coming off again without one.

This is the kit I ordered.  It worked really well and the bearing was off in minutes.
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cht249-14-pce-bearing-separator-angle-ge






Now ready for the seal to be fitted first once it turns up.


No comments:

Post a Comment