Sunday 9 August 2015

Airbox Mod and intake duct


My airbox adapter turned up from AB Performance so time to start cutting about the standard airbox.

The AB performance adapter replaces the two lower ram air inlets and replaces it with a forward facing 100mm inlet.


I marked up where the adapter was going to come up to so I could cut everything else out that was not required.

The crank case breather is also cut off, I will need to plug this and run a catch tank.



Dremel made easy work of this..



The adapter fits really well, and looks very OEM.





In position but won't align up with the throttle cable in position, need to talk to Andy to find out if this needs adjusting.







I need to get some cold air to the airbox.. I can either just run my ducting to the nose and have it hanging there which should be sufficient but I would like to fit some ducts to filter the cold air in. 

My options are a 50mm Duct on either side of the nose going to a splitter and then into a single 100mm hose going to the airbox. 




Option two is a single 75mm duct on the bonnet.








No comments:

Post a Comment