Monday 17 August 2015

Exhaust Silencer Mounting


Spent the day today fitting the silencer and bracket.

To start off with I made sure the manifold was secure and all pushed together correctly. This is one of the most awkward jobs on the build, getting your hands up from the bottom is interesting.




I fitted the link pipe that MNR supplier, unfortunately this pipe was so tight to the manifold it didn't seem like a suitable option as it would need to come apart again in the future to refit the CAT.  I managed to purchase a connecting pipe from Demon Tweeks that I was able to cut down to size.



The silencer mounting bracket required a small notch to be cut out of the side of the body. This enabled the bracket to sit flush against the floor to give the most amount of strength.








Inside the car I fitted one bolt through the rails and another through the alloy floor.


Really pleased with the results.. I will send off the link pipe for polishing when I fit the CAT.




No comments:

Post a Comment