Saturday 8 August 2015

Bonnet Posts and Catches


Purchased some Aerocatches but sent them back after seeing the size of the hole i'd have to drill in both rails. 

I ordered up some simple rubber catches to fit and I wanted to make some posts that the bonnet would fit over to hold in place. 

The black mark on the left is for my post and the right is where I will fit a catch.



I started with some holes in the bonnet rails on all four corners.



With the holes drilled I put the bonnet back in place and tapped into position I then transferred the holes to the chassis with a marker.  Lucy for me I have a hole in the middle of the bonnet.

Once the holes were marked and drilled, I fitted some nylon posts and bolted them to the tub.




They do a perfect job.. Hold the bonnet in a perfect position.





I made up a test rig to test how tight I wanted the catches.


All marked up ready for drilling.




Note the massive scratch to the right where the rivet gun jumped.. Gutted.




Next one I taped up well so I could damage the body work.














Job well done!  Time for an ice cream... 





No comments:

Post a Comment