Friday 7 August 2015

Fuel Filler Cap


Taken ages to decide what fuel filler I wanted. 

Ended up with one from CBS. 

The sensible mounting location is on the back panel so get the best fall into the tank however I am not keen on the look of it on the rear. It looks far better on the side. 



Also ordered the fuel hose.  














Well chuffed with the results.. Nearly fitted it too close to the curve as the body roles round to the back, I think I just got away with it.



Will save the cutting of the hose for tomorrow as I need to run a tether for the cap.




3 comments:

  1. Hi. Let me ask - Does that filling angle work? It seems like it would spew back out at you unless you have a hose from the pump that goes through your filler hose and down nearly into your tank, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.. It works fine.. I put the hose in upside down with some paper towel round the neck. I don't have filling problems like i've heard from others.

      Delete
  2. I asked because I'm struggling with how to make my tank fill from the top, i.e. have the filler cap approximately flush with the top deck/boot cover. Not sure how to achieve that or whether I should copy your setup.

    ReplyDelete