Saturday 29 August 2015

Pair control value removal


I thought I was going to have to keep the Pair control value for emissions on IVA but the opinion is I should be able to get it through by messing around with the power commander settings.  I am no longer running the O2 sensor so not sure how well the pair control value would run anyway. 

I ordered the below kit.  I could have made my own with aluminium plate but these are CNC'd and for £19 you can't go wrong.  




Undo the 4 bolts holding the valve caps.


Then removed the the screws to take out the little metal doors.



I chose to keep the seals in place rather than removing and using sealant.






Much tidier.


I also ordered some hose to connect the crank case breather back to the airbox. I was going to use a catch tank but its extra weight and it sounds like the honda engine won't dump any oil unless there is an issue.


I ran the hose back to the airbox that the pair control value was using.

I might get some clear hose in the future so can I see if oil is passing through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment