Saturday 31 January 2015

Fitting Oil Cooler sandwich Plate


Everyone has said oil cooling is a must!!  Apparently on a track day keeping the oil cool with a standard setup can be a problem so thought instead of messing around lets just fit the cooler from the start. 

I removed the old oil filter, I will replace this before filling with oil but for now this one is fine.  




Heres the sandwich plate, its very well made. I just made sure there were no metal shards left from manufacturing. The seal goes on the engine block side. I covered in oil to help with the fitment. 


Sandwich plate in place, its a bit of a pain trying to keep the seal in place and not to trap it. I tighten to fixing bolt up to 26nm as per the filter, I need to make sure this is correct. 



Oil filter and hose attachments fitted on. Really impressed with the simple design and quality of the kit. Still need to tighten the hose fixings, will do this when in the car.









No comments:

Post a Comment