Saturday 31 January 2015

Fitting water pump delete kit..

Now the mechanical water pump has been removed I need to fill the hole left in the side of the engine. I am fitting AB Performance's water pump delete Kit.


The kit consists of a new seal, a small blank that goes in the while, and then a plate that holds the blank in place, plus the screws. Not keen on the colour but never going to see it anyway.


I trial fitted the blank without a washer first, its a pain to get out again so be warned. Well unless you take the sump back off and push it out from below. 

New seal goes on, I covered in oil to make fitting easier. It just pushes straight in nice and snug. 


Fixing plate in place with the enter bolt pushing the blank into place. The threaded bolt has an allan head to help you tighten it. The bracket bolts were torqued and loctite in place. 







1 comment:

  1. Great blog Knobby. I supplied these back in the day. I now sell direct..or though mnr. cheers. Lee B

    ReplyDelete